Updated: Aug 25
Hello Students and Parents:
We are on track for our planned Band Pre-Band Camp Sectional Rehearsals next week! The full schedule can be found on our Charms calendar. Be sure you are familiar with how to access your account on Charms and please update your contact information and t-shirt size.
The Pre-Band Camp rehearsals Aug 24-Sep 3 are considered voluntary. All of the info contained below also applies to our official Band Camp Sep 8-10.
We will be following the health and safety guidelines as outlined in the Garnet Valley Health and Safety Plan for summer athletic workouts. Any student who is not able to attend or not comfortable attending is excused. We will be able to provide a Zoom link for students who do not attend in person.
Any student who is experiencing any symptoms or has been exposed to Covid-19 should not attend. As per CDC guidelines, these symptoms include:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
For more information, you may refer to the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1) REQUIRED FORM FOR PARTCIPATION
All students who wish to attend these in-person rehearsals MUST complete this online form through FamilyID: https://www.familyid.com/garnet-valley-school-district-athletics/band-registration-2020-2021
No exceptions. You will not be able to attend the rehearsal if you have not completed this online form.
2) CHECK-IN & PICK-UP
If any student is showing any symptoms of COVID-19, or has been exposed, do not attend rehearsal. As per GV guidelines, all students need to be temperature checked before exiting their vehicle. Any students showing a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be sent home (along with all other students in the car). We will have two check-in points to keep things moving smoothly. Please use the check-in point designated for your section below. Please use the same entrance and location to pick-up at the end of rehearsal.
Art Wing Check-in (Smithbridge entrance)
Flutes, Clarinets, Saxes, Color Guard
Auditorium Parking Lot (Bethel Road entrance)
Trumpets, Low Brass, Mellophones, Percussion
3) HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
We will be closely adhering to the protocols as outlined by the GV Activities Health & Safety Plan. For all band activities, all students and staff will:
- Be healthy when reporting for each rehearsal. If they are sick or experiencing any symptoms they will let Dr. Selfridge know and will not attend the rehearsal.
- Provide their own personal protective equipment (face mask), beverages and food items for each workout and these items will not be shared with others. - Wear face coverings when not engaged directly in physical activity, unless doing so jeopardizes their health. - Have no physical contact with anyone. This includes shaking hands, fist bumps and high fives.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing at all times. During breaks, students and staff should not congregate.
- Clean/disinfect all clothing, personal items and personal equipment after each rehearsal.
4) INSTRUMENTS and EQUIPMENT
All students will bring their own instruments and gear to every rehearsal. The only items that will be stored in the band room are those that cannot fit in your car. Here is a list of what to bring:
- Your mask. Wind instruments will be given bell covers which you should bring with you each day.
- Your Instrument, plus needed accessories (reeds, valve oil)
- Music holder/lyre. Ask your section leader if you don't know what to buy.
- Your sheet music. Get your Sheet Music HERE and print out your own copy.
- WATER - bring enough for the duration of the rehearsal. There will not be opportunities to refill containers.
- Umbrella or rain gear. We will not have indoor shelter in case of rain. Weather will be watched carefully and in case of inclement weather, rehearsals will be canceled.
5) 2020 MARCHING BAND INFO PACKET DOWNLOAD our 2020 Marching Band Packet here. This packet includes includes important info for parents and needed forms. If you have any questions about our Packet, I invite you to reach out to our Quarter Note Club Parent board at QNCBoard@gmail.com.
6) CHARMS Please be sure that you have accessed and updated your Charms account. Info on how to access here. The two most important items to update are: 1) Student t-shirt size and 2) Add parent contacts
That's a lot of information! Feel free to reach out with any questions. I am looking forward to seeing all of you soon!