CHARMS - Our Online Hub for Band Info & Communication
Charms Office Assistant is used by the Garnet Valley Band to help keep parents and students updated with band events. Each individual student has an account that has a lot of information within it, including, band assignments, fees and fundraising balances, downloadable handouts and files, uniform assignment, etc. Both parent and student access this same account using a password. This is a very important tool that helps when creating lists, mass emails, music library, instrument and uniform inventory, student attendance at rehearsals and performances, and so much more.
We ask that each of you visit your Charms account on a regular basis to check things out and stay updated. We also ask that you check your information to be sure it is updated especially if you have recently changed email addresses or phone numbers. We rely on mass emails to get out information to all parents and students throughout the year so please make sure your email address is updated.
1) The general information page: http://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/parents.asp
ENTER CODE: GVHSBand
Here you can access the GVHS Band calendar, E-mail staff, Download handouts/files
Use your password to access your student/parent account (instructions below).
2) Access your Student/Parent Account at the same link as above.
- First time accessing your account, enter the Student GV ID# (five digits).
- Create a password that both student and parents will use to access.
- Complete all of the personal information in your student profile (This information is shared at your option, and is password protected and stored on a secure server that is outside of the district. This information will not be shared outside of the Charms system or with anyone other than the music staff and QNC.)
- Click "Add Adult" to add parents/guardians to the student account. These adults will receive e-mail updates
IMPORTANT: Add you cell phone number AND CARRIER. This allows us to send important text messages when necessary. We send text messages sparingly, usually only in the event of last-minute changes due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.