Band Camp 2021!
Updated: Aug 22, 2021
BAND CAMP 2021 - INFORMATION CENTRAL
We have created this page on our website as "information central" for band camp 2021, including schedules and due dates. Updates and additional info will be added as needed.
Health & Safety
Garnet Valley announced new health and safety measures that include masking indoors for all students and adults, effective Monday, Aug 16. I want to assure you that band camp is still on as planned! When rehearsing indoors, we will wear playing masks and observe 3 ft spacing, and we will make the necessary adjustments when serving dinner. Other than that, all of our plans will continue as normal, and we will have a GREAT time!
Any student who is experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should stay home and consult their physician.
Attendance at Band Camp is mandatory. During band camp, we learn the majority of our music and marching for the upcoming season. If you have any schedule conflicts, please email Dr. Selfridge firstname.lastname@example.org
Sat, Aug 14 - 9th Grader/New Member Orientation, 9-11am
August 16-20 - BAND CAMP WEEK 1, 2pm-9:30pm
August 23-26 - BAND CAMP WEEK 2, 3pm-9:30pm
All band events are on our band calendar here: https://www.gvhsmusic.org/bandcalendar
Dr. Selfridge's announcements 8/21/2021
- Performance Monday, Aug 23 at 11:15am-12noon. We are asking all band & guard students who are available to come to school Monday morning at 11:15am to perform stand tunes for our 9th Grade Orientation/Club Fair. Wear garnet t-shirt. Done at noon. Thank you!
- BAND CAMP TIME CHANGE: Band camp this week will start at 3:00pm each day (due to the teacher in-service days). So, this week's schedule is as follows:
Mon 8/23, 3pm-9:30pm Tue 8/24, 3pm-9:30pm Wed, 8/25, 3pm-9:30pm Thu, 8/26, 3pm-9pm (Parent meeting at 7pm, Family/Friends Performance at 8:30pm)
Parent Meeting & Performance: This Thursday, we will have a Parent Meeting in the auditorium at 7:00pm, followed by the Family/Friends performance in the stadium at 8:30pm
LAST CALL FOR THESE IMPORTANT FORMS & DUES:
FAMILY ID - (Click here) Parents must complete the FamilyID online link
Band Camp Packet (Click to download) Contains important information, dues form, uniform order form
Band Summer Uniform For all performances where we do not wear full uniforms, including this Thursday and Friday, students must wear the following:
- Khaki shorts - 2021 Marching Band Shirt (you will receive this during band camp) - Black band marching shoes (new members will order these as part of the band camp packet) - Black socks
CHARMS is our primary method of communication via email to parents & students. If you are receiving this email, you are in our Charms system. If you have not done so, please log in to your Charms account and update as much of your info as possible. Instructions on how to access your account here.
REMIND Text Updates - Please sign up for our Remind text updates, which are used for time-sensitive announcements (weather changes, departure times, etc). TEXT @
Marching Band STUDENTS: text @gvhsmb to 81010 Marching Band PARENTS text @gvmbparent to 81010
Our full band schedule is kept updated on our public Google calendar, which you can add to your own device/calendar: https://www.gvhsmusic.org/bandcalendar
What to Bring
- Your Instrument, plus needed accessories (reeds, valve oil)
- A mask for use indoors, plus your playing mask and bell cover (if needed).
- Music holder/lyre. New members will get these items during band camp.
- Your sheet music. Get your Sheet Music here and print out your own copy.
- ATHLETIC SHOES & SOCKS - no flip flops/casual shoes.
- WATER!! Use your band-issued igloo or your own.
- Hat and sunscreen!!! We will spend a lot of time in the sun!
- Umbrella or rain gear. At times we may be outside in rain (unless there is thunder).
- A GREAT ATTITUDE & WILLINGNESS TO WORK HARD!
Band Casual Uniform
For any event where we are NOT wearing our full uniforms, usually during warm weather, the "casual uniform" is listed below. We will wear these casual uniforms for our parent preview performance on Thu, Aug 26, and for the first few football games, depending on weather. Please make su - Khaki shorts - 2021 Marching Band Shirt (you will receive this during band camp) - Black band marching shoes (new members will order these as part of the band camp packet)
- Black socks
Parents, we need your help to make our season a success!! Please review our volunteer needs below. We welcome your help in any capacity that you can manage. If you have any questions, please reach out to our QNC Board President Jodi Hamilton: PresidentQNC@gmail.com
1) SEE A LIST OF ALL PARENT VOLUNTEER NEEDS
2) Volunteer Sign-Up Genius for Band Camp
Sign Up for Text Updates
Marching Band STUDENTS: text @gvhsmb to 81010
Marching Band PARENTS text @gvmbparent to 81010
(only used for time-sensitive announcements)